21 Oct 2012

Album review by Alan Godwin





Schizophrenic album review by Alan Godwin.    

                                                                                         
                                                                            

After coming to know and love the raw acoustic versions of many of your songs it took a bit of adjusting (my fear was that it was overproduced) however, after a couple of listens I've got to say that the album is ….........”what to say with only words to use” …...if I had your talent I'd write a song about it. It's amazing Dai.




As I write I'm listening to “Time” and have to say it proves that as well as being a great lyricist you can also be minimalist as far as the words are concerned and let the music carry the message..................... “It won't weigh me down” has just snapped me out of my revere. The variety is fantastic and change in pace and style of each track makes the whole album compelling listening.



It's great to read the inspiration for and your analysis of the each song as well as the things that inspired and created the unique sounds. It's a great argument for CD's over mp3 and streaming.

I want one (signed) as soon as they're available.
It's on the player in my car and is perfect in content and timing for my commute from Cardiff to Llanelli.

Good luck with it, I know you'll you'll get the recognition, I hope you'll reap the rewards.

Alan Godwin







No comments:

Post a Comment