3 May 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 03.05.12


Dai Sharkey Project one 2012
03/05/12



Worked in the studio till 5, finished Honey. Sat and changed No more, tracked in samples. Lovely buzz. Rich was fantastic, although I think a little stressed by the time we’d done. I’m looking forward to Tuesday.
Went straight from Studio to Caffi Iechyd da for a gig, a songwriter rounds event with Ron Savory and Ian Shimmin. It seemed like they had been there for ages, all set up, sat down jamming before the punters arrived.
I grabbed my gear and set up, sound checked, then sat and had a beer and cake.
First set, amazing, 2nd set, even better. I love working with these guys, they are not only extremely talented songwriters and musicians but they are tolerant and helpful, caring and watchful with me. I feel so comfortable and safe in their company.
The venue was sold out, I was well chuffed.
Pleased to see some friends had travelled a distance to come.
Rik, a friend and local songwriter was there so I went back to his home and jammed for an hour or so. Got home about 2am. 17 hours at the coal face, so much fun.
Now packing for Puffin festival tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment