16 May 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 16.05.12


Dai Sharkey Project one 2012
16.05.12


Ok, this wasn’t the plan but this is how it has played out.
It is somewhat ironic that this recollection starts with me going to a festival. I had planned to make connections, promote and play at the Cosmic Puffin festival, so I was picked up Friday afternoon 4.5.12, drove 5hrs and settled into the first festival of the season.
I had planned to soak in as much as possible and network with as many people as possible, I was really out of my depth, a Welshman, in Essex, at a space rock festival. I worked hard, soaked in as many avant garde experiences as possible, whilst chatting and passing my cards out to anyone involved.
I’m hoping that some good will come of it in the future.
I also played to a couple of small audiences whilst I was there and am sure I made some true fans.
I arrived home on the Monday and was promptly in the studio Tuesday to mash up No more, then hit Rock, Paper, scissors and you can tell I’d been to a festival, it sounds amazing, really experimental. Rich is brilliant like that, I shove mad ideas at him and he comes up with the most ridiculous solutions that work fantastically, it blows me away some days.
Wednesday, it was a case of, a little bit louder and a little bit worse. We were right in the swing of it.
Thursday and Friday we got all the tracks done and started to create a cohesive sound across the tracks. Friday we also set up the tracks for Insane Planes, got another mad thing going, totally me. It actually freaked me out Thursday because Rich had done such an amazing job of the sound I actually felt for a moment that I was a listener and that it was an amazing track, then realising, woah, that’s me that is….I was utterly blown away, shocking Rich by jumping out of my seat and striding across the studio away from it.
Saturday I was playing at an annual festival in Caerphilly, another early bird with hardcore festival organisers. Great jamming with Mad Toms Crowd, and plenty of spreading the word.
Sunday 13.5 Went filming with CTV for the documentary, Darren messaged me to say that he really enjoyed it and he has some great footage. I sang some songs, chatted a little, gave some background and also did an interview style chat about the stage that the Project is at.
The facts are, now I’ve created the wave I’m more riding it wildly trying to control whats happening. I have four more gigs booked and confirmation from Beach Break Live. Its all going swimmingly.
Also a dutch agent has put me on his books, hoping to get some good results from that by the end of the year.
Studio for the week, going to be mad. Also Jenny prompted me to get my arse in gear and organise some of the other stuff including having my Mentoring sessions with Amy Wadge. I messaged her today and will be meeting up for the first session next week. Looking forward to spending time to pick her brains and I’m looking to learn a great deal from her company, I hope I don’t wear her out. I do get a little intense. I’m sure we’ll jam and it’ll be cool.
Also playing in Pontardarwe Food festival on Sunday and torch theatre, milford haven on the 26th,?, I think.
Anway, it’s late, I’ve had enough of typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment