17 May 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 17.05.12


Dai Sharkey Project one 2012
17.05.12




I’d just like to log my mental health at this time. The last three years of my life have been my musical therapy, having been in a really bad place in my head the music has provided me with expression and has eliviated the associated problems that I have.
My hallucinations have lessened, my stress levels have dropped, my ability to recall and retain information has increased and all the while I am cautious that I don’t over do things. I’m more than happy to take time out to recharge when needed. (I’ve never been able to do that)
I did have some mad visual hallucinations in the studio last week but managed to center myself, focus, use breathing to control my anxiety and spent a few minutes re-setting my barings and checking my place in time. In 5mins I was ok, didn’t have a major effect on the day. I was a bit tense after it but we recorded fine. I did go home and sleep like a log. Takes a lot of effort to control the mind, I tired myself out a bit.
Another breakthrough, I actually went to Rich’s local pub on my own for a pint, ok, there was only the landlord there but I felt really strong and in control, makes a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment