28 May 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 28.05.12


Dai Sharkey Project one 2012
Monday 28.05.12





What a day in the studio. Got in and did some guitar tracks to finish Dogfish then discussed what we were going to do this week. I suggested some new songs to which Rich asked me to play them. When I played a song I wrote last week we decided it was the next one to do.
It’s called Anymore. I laid a pile of guitar tracks on then added a chorus line of vocals. Need to do some housekeeping with it but the buzz is gorgeous. Mellow but strong.

I’ve also been spending hours on my new loop pedal. Getting to grips with it. My timings getting better. It’s real precision work and I need to do it naturally so I’m sure I’ll have to put in the hours if I want it to be impressive.

Also forgot to say in my last entry that Rich put forward a mix of ‘my love is free’ for a TV advert, hope they use it and he also asked me to do some library recordings with him. That should be fun, also, Amy gave me loads of marketing tips and suggested we do some writing together and said she was going to chat to Ed Sheeran and get him involved.
I’m playing JudeAnt fest on the weekend so have also been organising my camping gear and stuff to take. It’s gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment