28 May 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 28.05.12


Dai Sharkey Project one 2012
28.05.12 


 

1.07am
Just realised I haven’t written a thing for a week, mad, it’s flown by. Back to the story….last Tuesday went into studio and wrestled a big Dogfish, got all sorts of mad shit goin on that neither me or Rich seemed to be in control of. Left a little baffled…we’d put some man hours into this and still not a product we were happy with.
I left Tuesday for some badly needed R&R, chilled in the sun, had a beer, received some badly needed hugs and met Amy Wadge on Thursday.
What a lady, spent hours gassing, I picking her brains, getting a broader perspective on things and she, trying to find out why she has this bloke sat in her studio. (only kidding) Amy has already got things in motion, she’s such a hot cookie, I can’t believe she wants to help me. Me….lmao.
Friday back in the studio, tried to understand Dogfish, laid guitar tracks, loads of vocal tracks and got some of the rhythm and production sitting nice…Left happy…..took Rich to the pub, he gave me great reassurances that I’m on to something new and experimental and also that he wants to work with me more….that I am ecstatic about….I have much love and respect for him and his art.
I then went for rehearsals with Trish till 11pm.
Saturday 26th, had gig at the Torch theatre. Me and Trish got there with 30mins to spare, soundchecked then hit the unsuspecting audience with 40mins of excellent songs from us both. I really enjoyed it, even had some whoops….in the theatre darling?? Lord knows whats next?? Smiling in public??
Anyway, good buzz, chatted to everyone, nearly blinded Perren with the peek of my cap when I dived in for a hug, Amazonne nearly lost a band member.
Got home 1am, exhausted.
Sunday 27th, saw the Olympic torch with the family then spent 6 hrs learning how to use my new loop pedal….I hope my ideas work….or rather I hope I can get them to work. I then had a jam with Pete Peric for a couple of hours. Had grub, went to pub.
Writing journal, going to sleep, alarm set for studio in the morning. Back to the coal face….

No comments:

Post a Comment