9 Aug 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 09.08.12



Dai Sharkey Project one 09.08.12



Another wonderful day in the studio. Got up ‘it don’t weigh me down’ and spent a few hours mixing and adding some frills. When it was mastered I loved it. A new favourite of mine, a nice radio track.
We then spent the rest of the day recording ‘Time’. A new song that I wanted really ambient. It’s over 6 minutes long but sounds lovely. Hope there’s room on the album for it.
Going to finish it off tomorrow and then plan album mastering to get it all sitting nicely together.
I’m looking forward to playing at Shedstock’12 on Saturday. Have to get some rehearsal time in too.

Also in the middle of planning a Bandstand Marathon in Swansea for September. I’m playing at, and organising Party on the pitch in Mynyddygarreg next Saturday and have been booked to play at Uplands festival at the end of the month. It’ll be nice to get some live work under my belt ready to get an agent to get me touring the country to promote the album.

I’ve been turned down from another record company today and turned down to play at the Senedd.(I applied to play there after I’d seen an ad I was sent)

All good though. Many others to approach.
Jenny from the arts council got back to me and loves the songs I posted online and my blog. Hope she kind find some way to help me further the project with some more sponsorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment