10 Aug 2012

Dai Sharkey Project one 10.08.12



Dai Sharkey Project one 10.08.12



Well, today was the last recording day in the studio. Finished ‘Time’. Done some vocal tracks mixed and mashed the sound to make it really ambient. Sat back and listened at the end of the day and heard a really lovely, mellow ambient track that I’m well proud of.

We then went to the pub to chat about where we go next with it and to prioritise what we can do with the time left.
Next week we have to compile the tracks into an album adjusting volumes and adding fades, effects etc so that I have a finished work. At the moment I have over 70 minutes of songs that needs to be reduced to have an album of great impact.
Once this is done I can then leave Rich to do the ‘house-keeping’. Bouncing individual tracks so that we have ‘wet’ and ‘dry’ stems to work with in the future and saving them all as parts on the portable hard drive I bought to keep as a back-up for all further work on it. This is a few days boring work that I’m happy to say, Rich has to do and I don’t have to be present for.
Got home and did some rehearsal for the festival tomorrow. I’m feeling a bit worn out and mentally exhausted.
I need some time out to recuperate and have gigs to organise and plan for, as well as a few festivals and shows that I’m helping organise.
I also had a message back from the Arts council that they are willing to help me carry this on to achieve as much as possible with it. Let’s see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment